Monday, January 29, 2007

TV Commercial Casting Call

Ok, so my good friend, Diane, was shopping at our favorite store, Stein Mart, when she was asked by one of the employees to come to a tv audition for a Stein Mart commercial. I was so excited for her but she was so nervous that I offered to come with her and support her. With Cooper in tow, I showed up this morning at the Stein Mart Store in Independence with Diane. While I was there, I got this "wild,hair-brained" idea to ask if they had any cancellations and if I could audition, too. They actually DID have a couple of cancellations and invited me to do an audition on the spot!! This was probably the best for me since I didn't have time to get nervous like Diane did all weekend long! (It just so happened that I was wearing some clothes that I bought at Stein Mart). The first thing I did was fill out a questionaire and an application for other casting opportunities in the area. Then they took some close up photos for my portfolio. Just then, Diane finished with her audition and so she was available to come with me and Cooper for my audition. It was actually held in the men's department of the store and was pretty informal and casual. They hooked me up to microphone and put me in front of the camera and asked me different questions about my fashion style and why I like to shop at Stein Mart. The camera guy, who was giving the interview, asked me what song I was going to sing - I told him that this was NOT American Idol (and I didn't sing)!! I don't consider myself very good at impromtu interview, but I did my best and had fun doing it and even got a $50 gift card just for auditioning. Now I just have to wait for "the phone call". They are selecting 5 women from this area that will be flown down to Orlando for a week for the filming in two weeks! So, I'll have to keep you all informed and let you know if I get selected. I told Diane that if she gets selected, she has to take me with her and I will do the same for her! :)

No comments: