Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Brittany's Dinner Party

Brittany was hired by some friends of ours (above), Dee and Terry Parker, to cook a full-course dinner for three of us couples. Brittany picked out the menu and did the grocery shopping and then spent 7 hours cooking and serving it to us. This generous couple not only bought the groceries but paid Brittany very well for her efforts.
I found some left over whipping cream from the dessert!!


I am helping Brittany with the dessert, Molten Lava Chocolate Cake with fresh berries.
Brittany had the menu written on the plate for display. It included: Mazzetta Shrimp Cocktail, Tropical Martini Fruit Salad, Italian French Bean Saute, Three-Pepper Bruschetta, Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Breasts and a Berry-Lemon Cooler with sugared rims to drink.

I surprised Brittany with a personalized chef's apron ("Brittany Chef-in-training") and hat ("Chef Britt").
Brittany's presentation of everything was incredible!!

Brittany is going over the menu with us three couples.

The whole evening was a huge success! The local newspaper even did an interview with her (after I called them) and is supposed to print a story. I sent them some pictures of the evening to use in their story. I'll keep you posted when the story comes out.

If anyone else is interested, Brittany says she is ready to do it again! She loves going to other people's houses to cook even better than at our house.

3 comments:

John and Melanie said...

Good Job Brittany! It looks delicious!

grammaneir said...

Looks like you did a super job Brittany. Pretty fancy too. Keep up the good work!

The Lanker Family said...

WOW Brittany, everything looks great. We are impressed, great job!!!