Today was our church's first Holiday Homes Tour in which there were five homes here in Blue Springs, and we were chosen as one of them. Each home had someone representing the Christmas story from their point of view and here we have "Joseph" giving a monologue and signing a beautiful song about what it was like to raise the Son of God.
The tour was from 1pm - 5 pm and we had a steady flow of people - about 75 - 100 in all. Not bad for the first time!!
Each home had 2 greeters at the door who would also sell tickets if they didn't already have them and then there was a hostess in charge of the kitchen so Roger and I could be free to roam and visit with the guests.
Brittany was busy practicing her Christmas song that she is playing for her little recital next week. Notice she has her own Christmas tree in her room that she decorates herself.
These were all of my helpers for the day - we had alot of fun doing it!! Everyone enjoyed the Eggnog Punch (even if they really didn't like eggnog)!! I have the recipe if anyone wants it. It was yummy and easy!!!!
One of the main attractions was our 12 ft Christmas Tree in the living room - not the easiest to decorate (it helps that we have a 12 ft ladder).
Gathering around the punch bowl and the pretzel/kiss/M&M treats that Brittany made.
Guests arriving at our home. The weather was nice, in the 50's. But some of the snow is still around in piles from a week ago!!
Since all of the ones involved at the homes didn't get to see each other's homes, we decided to all meet after church tomorrow and all go to each house so we won't get left out!! I am looking forward to seeing all the other homes.
I'm just thankful that I can STOP decorating now since I have been working on it for about 3 weeks (not that Christmas is only 15 days away!!!).



No comments:
Post a Comment