Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sunday, June 5th (part 1)


This was our amazing, funny, crazy team of 27 team members!

After a wonderful breakfast we drove down the road about a mile to Amazima Ministries run by Katie Davis, a 28 year old American single gal who has adopted 13 girls. Her ministry works with the Karamajong children (the poorest of the poor in Uganda) and today we will be feeding over 450 of them!!
When we arrived, the first thing I noticed was the new chapel built since I was there last year! It was completely full of children waiting for us. They sang and worshiped and then we taught them a few songs.


Serving food for about 450 people (which only cost about $100) and they ate with their fingers.
Montana serving rice

Brittany found this precious little baby sleeping on a mat and couldn't resist picking her up. They were buddies the rest of the day. We thought is was a girl so we put one of the headbands on her and took a bunch of pictures. Then we found out later, he was actually a boy - but he was sure beautiful!! The blue beads around his neck were also around both wrists and ankles and are to ward off evil spirits. There is a lot of witchcraft/vodoo practiced in Africa.
One of the donations I brought along was a basketball game from Dawson that he didn't want any more. I gave it to this boy, Moses, and showed him how to play it. He was so excited to have his own toy.

At Amazima they have built a HUGE playground area for the kids to play on when they are there. This was still being built last year when I was here.




No comments: