Thursday, October 18, 2007

Venezuelan Dinner

We have been hiring Carmen and Bernard (missionaries from Venezuela living in US now) to help us with some projects around the house, like repainting our deck, painting the garage walls and the garage floor. Carmen (who speaks very little English) has been washing windows and shampooing carpets, etc. They also like to cook so we had them fix us a Venezuelan dinner. It was fabulous!!!!! Bernard took care of cooking the chicken and Carmen did the rest. Along with the chicken, she made their popular rice dish, cauliflower and broccoli salad with goat cheese, fried plantains and for dessert, a flan (custard like dish). The Venezuelan people cook with really rich flavor! Carmen's spaghetti is out of this world! The kids love it!


You may have noticed that our kitchen walls are a different color, now. I have been painting over the dark purple to a cheery lime green with orange accents. I love it!! I was ready for a change. I still have to make the curtains to finish the look. I'll post pics when I get it all done.
Taylor did not want to be in the picture, can you tell?

No comments: